I’m a researcher and senior lecturer at the Division of Geology and my research interest mainly focuses on groundwater issues even though I have experiences from other disciplines such as reconstruction of sea-level changes and isostatic adjustment modeling. The groundwater research focuses on occurrence, fate and behavior of organic and inorganic contaminants in groundwater and sediments within the groundwater system, as well as changes in groundwater quality over time and investigation methods of groundwater conditions.
I have especially been working with occurrence and behavior of pesticides in groundwater (the Pegasus project) and ammonium and arsenic contamination of drinking water resources the Amonas project) as well as age determination and mixing of groundwater and its relationship to contaminants (Region Skåne/SGU-financed project). Currectly my group is involved in the Trust-project (Transparent Underground Structures 2.1 and 2.4) concerning "Geoelectrical Imaging for Site Investigation of Urban Underground Infrastructure" and "Combinedinvestigation methodsinunderground construction projects -monitoring water qualitychangeswithgeoelectrical measurements". We are also involved in a project concerning "Non-invasive characterization of contaminating chlorinated ethenes in soil and groundwater using compound-specific isotope analysis (CSIA) and geoelectrical imaging (DCIP)" within the ACDC project.
I teach and manage courses in geolgy focusing on environmental aspects such as groundwater pollutants and methods for groundwater investigation (GeoP05 Hydrogeology), landfill construction, rules and regulations concerning landfills as well as investigation and monitoring thereof (GeoC06 Land Use and Waste disposal). I also teach on the subject of contaminated land and management thereof (GeoP04 Environmental Soil Investigations) as well as medical geology (GeoC02) and at the first introduction course on geological aspects for Environmental Science students (GeoA80 Earth, Water and the Environment).
I try to involve bachelor (GeoL01) and master student (GeoR02) projects within our research projects and help students networking with professionals within the environmental sector such as authorities, consultants, entrepreneurs, other universities as well as the public. I enjoy the interaction between different societal sectors to improve the knowledge and state of our environment. See for example the knowledge project "Lilla Klåveröd" where the SGU price winner for best student project 2014, Jorunn Falkenhaug, has written about groundwater and the hydrogeological cycle at a small area at Söderåsen, Scania. See also the film about Jorunns work and Lilla Klåveröd. Together, we can all make an impact for a better environment and protection of our water resources!
Publication list from Google scholar
Welcome to read about our interesting research results in some of the following publications
- Tracing sources of ammonium in reducing groundwater in a well field in Hanoi (Vietnam) by means of stable nitrogen isotope (δ 15 N) values
- Constraining age distributions of groundwater from public supply wells in diverse hydrogeological settings in Scania, Sweden
- On the scope and management of pesticide pollution of Swedish groundwater resources: The Scanian example
- Holocene relative sea-level changes in the inner Bredefjord area, southern Greenland
- Statistical screening for descriptive parameters for pesticide occurrence in a shallow groundwater catchment
- Transport av kemiska bekämpningsmedel samt fastläggnings-och nedbrytningskarakterisering i en vertikal transekt genom mark-och grundvat-tenzonen i Vemmenhögs tillrinningsområde, södra Sverige (In Swedish)
- Constraining the Southern Part of the Greenland Ice Sheet since the Last Glacial Maximum from Relative Sea-Level Changes, Cosmogenic Dates and Glacial-Isostatic Adjustment Models
- Holocene relative sea-level changes in the Qaqortoq area, southern Greenland
- Relative sea-level changes since 15000cal. yrBP in the Nanortalik area, southern Greenland
Welcome to follow news and updates from me also on LinkedIn and Facebook.